- This beautiful stoneware beer stein was handcrafted in Germany by King-Werk.
- This 0.5 liter stein is about 10 inches tall.
- In the German Rhine town of Oberwesel, there are only good witches. Here they are called weinhexes - wine witches - and they are secretly selected by local winegrowers in a vintner version of a small town beauty pageant. Every year, the Oberwesel Wine Witch Festival celebrates the reign of the weinhex whose job is to protect the vineyards of this two thousand-year-old town. It is a river valley rite devoted to the great white grape of Germany. Wine growers count on the good witch to protect their vineyards from natural curses like fiendish weather and predatory vineyard demons. The selected wine witch also serves more practical duties, which includes showing up at fifty to sixty public events a year to hype the grape.
- This stein features the wine witch. The stein includes the phrase Sind die besten zeitvertreiber alter wein und junge weiber. This translates to Old wine and young women are the best way to spend your time.
- King Werk, also known as Wuerfel & Mueller, is one of only a few remaining German stein companies that still produce 100% of their steins in Germany with 100% German materials and labor.
This item ships from our Tempe, Arizona, distribution center. Orders typically take 2-4 days to process in addition to ship transit time. This item ships small parcel, meaning it will be delivered by UPS or USPS. Several UPS shipping upgrade options are available on the detailed cart page at an additional cost. While we do not require a signature for deliveries, please note that the decision to leave your package without a signature is at the discretion of the delivery driver. If you want an item left at your residence, it is recommended that you leave a note on your door asking the driver to leave the package with "No Signature Required." Be sure to include your name and tracking number on this note.